Rules from the Realist
Price Personality Scale
Introduction: Half Empty of Half Full?
- What about positive thinking?
- Find the value
- Snakes and spiders
- Natural negativity
- Resistance is fertile
- IT’S IN A BOOK SO IT MUST BE TRUE!!!
- Blame the media
Chapter 1: THE AUDACITY OF “NOPE”
- First, kill all the “yes” men
- The myth of “should”
- Saying “no”
Chapter 2: Hope for the Best, Plan for the Worst
- Strength from weaknesses
- Sometimes the worst is sometimes the best
- See problems before they arise
Chapter 3: Failure’s Success
- Mastering mistakes
- Famous failures
- Failure is not an option
- Isn’t that special?
Chapter 4: Complainers, Complaints and Objections
- Don’t disregard the message because you don’t like the messenger
- Converting vampires
- Squeaky wheels
- Dealing with objections
- Make them spill their guts
Chapter 5: Mumblings, Grumblingsand Other Taboos
- Using rumors properly
- Be a skeptical receptacle
- Rumor has it…
- Damage control
- Are your pants on fire?
- The Blame Game
- Count on accountability – Leggo your ego
Chapter 6: Goal Setting the Negative Way
- D.R.E.A.M. up some goals!
- Reverse engineering
- Get help – You don’t have to fly solo
- I can’t get no satisfaction!
Chapter 7: Not So Great Expectations
- Where do expectations come from?
- What did you expect?
- Managing expectations
- Dealing with disappointment
Chapter 8: The Power if Negative Thinking
- Is being reasonable so unreasonable?
- Lights. Camera. Action!
- Positive hammers and negative screwdrivers
About the Author